Blogging For Profit The Easy Way – Dont Wait
Share this article
While blogs may have got the most news a few years ago, they are still as popular as ever. When they first started, they were mostly used as a kind of online diary. However, it didn’t take long for people to start blogging for profit. And, once more and more people realized there was money to be made with blogs, they took off to a whole new level. Today, it’s a safe assumption that most blogs are started in the hopes that they will make money. With that in mind, here some tips to help you make more money with your blog.
1. Treat it like a business. The purpose of every business is to make money. Therefore, if you want your blog to be profitable, then you have to run it like a business. That doesn’t mean you have to hire employees, or anything like that, but rather that you need to take it seriously, and be willing to invest some time, money and resources to make it successful.
2. Have a plan. You may as well start off on the right foot. The vast majority of successful businesses began with a written business plan. Try to be as specific as you can. How will you generate income? Who are your visitors? What percentage are likely to click on ads or buy something? How will you get traffic to your blog? What is your marketing plan? These are only a few of the questions you should answer.
3. Free isn’t always best. Blogger.com and WordPress.com have made it easy for anybody to start a blog for free. There is nothing wrong with using free blog services to learn about blogging. However, you will have less control over your blog if you host it on those sites. Yes, it’s free, but they can also remove your blog without any warning, and that’s not good for blogging for profit.
4. Invest a little. Okay, so going the free routine isn’t good for business, but what’s the other option? The good news is that you don’t have to pay anything to Blogger or WordPress to use their blogging platforms. However, you should set them up on your own domain name and hosting. You should be able to get a new domain name for under $10 per year, and decent hosting can be found for as little as $10 per month. That’s almost nothing when compared to starting a traditional business.
5. Monetize it. There are two main ways people use to generate income from their blogs. The first is by selling affiliate products. This is where you get a percentage of each sale for selling someone else’s product. You will get a special link that identifies you as the seller, so they know you made the sale. The second way of monetization is Google AdSense. You sign up for their program, then add a snippet of code to your blog. They will then add targeted ads, and you get money every time one of your visitors clicks on an ad.